The EuroIA Summit is the leading Information Architecture (IA) and User Experience (UX) conference for Europe. It is organised by a team of volunteers every year in September, in a different European city. EuroIA 2017, in Stockholm, will be the 13th edition.
Milestones for the Community
Having such a long-standing relationship with the Information Architecture and User Experience community, EuroIA has seen, and hosted, some of the defining moments in the progression of our industry and the way we work. Doing so, we embraced topics from user research to testing and analysis, content modeling, creative workshops or skills management. We also made plenty of time to enjoy drinks, make friends, play piano and sing songs.
Over the past 13 years we’ve seen inspirational talks from some of the most prestigious teams in our industry. We’ve been given insight into large organisations such as Apple, Google, eBay, Philips, Samsung, Ikea and the BBC. While also sharing some of the practices used by agencies like Adaptive Path, Sapient Nitro, Lbi, FatDux, Razorfish and Netlife Research. On the stage we’ve seen individuals like Luke Wroblewski, Lisa Welchman, Abby Covert, and Gerry McGovern sharing their opinions on the way we work. Not to mention non-profits and academic members of the community such as the University of Cambridge, the European Union and the United Nations.
EuroIA has always focussed on providing an intersection between organisations large and small, showcasing ideas and practices from academic research as well as industrial case studies. We look forward to seeing you in Stockholm.
Origins of EuroIA
In late 2003, a tiny group of new-media evangelists decided to develop an international event that focused on the growing fields of Information Architecture (IA) and User Experience (UX). Today, we are one of the most prestigious events in our field. Not only does our viewpoint remain uniquely European, we have also created professional networks and personal friendships across the continent.
Throughout the years, we have worked hard to:
- Share experiences across national, cultural, and linguistic boundaries;
- Encourage the practice of Information Architecture, User Experience and related disciplines like Service Design;
- Promote national communities of practice;
- Help nurture emerging markets in Central and Eastern Europe.
Past EuroIA Summits
The EuroIA summits so far:
- EuroIA 2005 (Brussels, Belgium)
- EuroIA 2006 (Berlin, Germany)
- EuroIA 2007 (Barcelona, Spain)
- EuroIA 2008 (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
- EuroIA 2009 (Copenhagen, Denmark)
- EuroIA 2010 (Paris, France)
- EuroIA 2011 (Prague, Czech Republic)
- EuroIA 2012 (Rome, Italy), on Lanyrd
- EuroIA 2013 (Edinburgh, Scotland), on Lanyrd
- EuroIA 2014 (Brussels, Belgium), on Lanyrd ~ Closing the first decade, where it all began.
- EuroIA 2015 (Madrid, Spain) - archived website, on Lanyrd
- EuroIA 2016 (Amsterdam, the Netherlands) - archived website, on Lanyrd
- EuroIA 2017 (Stockholm, Sweden)
We are very excited to announce that next year's EuroIA summit will be hosted in the capital of the Republic of Ireland.... Dublin! EuroIA 2018...September 2018.
After three days of amazing talks, workshops, and great conversation, EuroIA 2017 is all wrapped up. Some memories from EuroIA 2017, thanks to our reporter Peter Vermaercke, and communications hero, Xander Roozen (next year's co-chair!).